Monday, May 21, 2007

State of My Game

I probably actually should start this with a list of characters, but I'd be here for the rest of the night.

After reaching my first level 50 (Blaze Noir, dark/dark/dark defender), I was struck with altitis. Severe altitis. Name the power set combinations, and I've probably done it. Though, I probably haven't played it past level 6. Not many tanks. I can't tank. I don't have the patience for it. Brutes, I'm sort of okay with, as long as I play them like scrappers, not tanks. I love scrappers. And blasters. I'm into damage, apparently. The second 50 was supposed to be a scrapper (Cassandra Noir, level 44, MA/Inv), but turned out to be a blaster, Fyre Hex (fire/fire/fire), at least partly because of the RP, and partly because "blowing stuff up" is just plain ol' fun. Altitis did, however, cause me to delete a level 33 Warshade to free the character slot for Fyre. By coincedence, Fyre 2.0, aka Obsydian Fyre, is a Warshade, currently at level 41. Just continuing the theme, my highest villian is Angel Noir, a fire/thermal corruptor, who's been stuck at level 41 for months. She hit 40 before the level cap was raised from 40 to 50, and I've had little to no interest in leveling her more, or even CoV in general. She pre-dates blaster Fyre by at least a year, so the power set relationship is not indicative of my love of fire power sets, though I do, now, have a fondness for them.

Somewhat drawing out that thought, if there's a "Team 3.0" Fyre may become a fire controller. Or, if we do villians, which some of the storyline seems to suggest, I'll probably retry my hand at a fire/thermal corruptor. It fits entirely too well for Fyre, and I haven't played Angel in so long, I barely remember what it's like. I'm trying to save "Thoughts on Team 2.0" or in this case, 3.0, for another post, though.

My favorite all-time name is Fyre Hex. It sounds more hero-y than most of the names I come up with, and it fits her backstory perfectly. My favorite powersets, so far, are the dark defender sets. Oh, if only they'd make a dark blaster. I'd be in CoH heaven. I know, there's a dark/dark corruptor, but it's just not the same. If I haven't been specific enough, I prefer CoH to CoV. Why? I think-- well, I think that's yet another post. Favorite backstory? Barring anything I've deleted for game-play reasons, it's Scarlette Blade aka Tori Carter (level 31, katana/regen). Which reminds me, too-- NERF REGEN! Seriously. I love playing it, but compared to, say, MA or SR, it's unbelieveable. Now that Scarlette's getting upper-level, I totally see why Cass is usally the first to die in "Team Scrapper." So not fair.

Also, minor detail: Even when I didn't RP much or at all, all the characters I've made and played have been and are female. I've tried to make a male character, once. Just one to run around the game, never thinking of RP. I couldn't get him off the character creator screen. I just can't identify with a male, not even to simply run him/it through missions. Seemingly related, I can't seem to make very ugly characters, monstrous characters, extremely tall or extremely short characters. (By the way, extremely short characters irritate the hell out of me. Why? No idea.) Is it lack of imagination? Strong personal identity? I don't know, but there it is.

So, I've wasted enough game time! It's past time to log in. More tomorrow. Or at 4am tonight.

No comments: