Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Random Thoughts

Last night was pretty uneventful, in comparison to other nights with Team Angst, at least.

Mason talked to Frost, apparently, but was a little vague and brief when he told Fyre and E that they talked. I expect to hear more about that, both IC and OOC.

Fyre and E ended up on their own for a bit, but both the characters and players avoided “drama.” I don’t have the logs, so I’ll try to paraphrase the only thing that seems to have stuck in my head. Fyre and E were on that big ruined map, the one that sort of looks like the ritzy section of Boomtown, chasing Clockwork. I hate Clockwork on that map. They’re too hard to see. Anyway… E’s phantom did something or other, and E said something about wondering why Doppy (the phantom) sometimes charges into things. Fyre, speaking before thinking as she often does, says maybe he’s mad because he’s dead. E says maybe, and suggests something else. Fyre starts to say something and stops. E prompts her, and she covers it with a joke, saying maybe he’s just cranky because he didn’t get his morning coffee. E laughs and they move on. What she was going to suggest, though, was that maybe he was mad because he was being forced to protect the person who killed him. Does she really think that way? Maybe, maybe not. Luckily, she caught herself before she said it.

And now I find myself with free time and no big events to rehash. Perfect time for random thoughts.

I listen to music, a lot. I also tend to associate certain people or situations with certain types of music or songs. Of course, the majority of my mental music library starts about 1987. For example, after the E/Fyre/Serra thing, I kept hearing “Breath,” by Breaking Benjamin. Fyre, by herself, makes me think of a couple of songs off the newer Evanescence album, The Open Door, “Weight of the World,” and “All That I’m Living For,” if you’re keeping track. I think Fyre probably hears, “Fighter,“ by Christina Aguilera in her head a lot. Mason, especially when he was doing his “I’m a bad, bad man,” schtick, made me think of “Behind Blue Eyes,” the Limp Bizkit version. All of Cass’s costumes have sunglasses, except one, because of the glare of the invulnerability power sets. I feel like I need sunglasses for it, so Cass wears them instead, so I hear “Sunglasses At Night,” by Corey Hart sometimes for her. Just cruising through the map, especially Steel Canyon, for some reason, I hear “Fascination Street,” by the Cure. Any time I hear “Alien Sex Fiend,” by Garbage, I think of the Kheldians in the game, especially the Warshade that I deleted., who was a not-entirely-reformed Nictus. Blaze gets “Witchy Woman,” the version by Babes in Toyland (which is, by the way, really, really hard to find.) I have a bunch more, but I’ll stop now.

Oh, yeah, and if I haven’t said it before… I hate I9. Crashes, lag, and bunch of enhancement stuff to re-learn. Oh, sure, I made a few million influence, and that was okay, something different to do. An orange drop was fun. But, then I decided to start playing with IO’s. Sure, that was fun for awhile, too. I even bought an invention table for the base. And THEN I paid 5 million influence for one piece of orange salvage for a yellow recipe. Yeah, so, like I said, I9 sucks. I’ve read-- I should say, I’ve TRIED to read all numbers and percentages that Keen, Mason, and others have posted. I get so far, and it all runs together. I don’t get it, and I guess I don’t care enough to work through it. If I wanted math, I wouldn’t have skipped all those algebra classes in college (and I do mean ALL. Still passed, somehow). So, I’ll “play” with them a bit, but I just can’t get serious about it. Still waiting for a nice, expensive wing drop, though.

Now, on to see what other mayhem Team Angst gets into.

2 comments:

Warwriter Widow said...

I just read this, and that whole math thing last night was a total fluke! :)

Fyre Hex said...

Yeah, I figured that. You and I seem to be having a lot of similar thoughts lately. I would definately be worried if I were you! ;)