Monday, July 23, 2007

Stike Force: From Hell

Okay, really, we were Strike Force Scalpel. Whatever.

A lot of it wasn't that bad. Most of it, even. We needed a base computer, which neither Winter's Fury nor Guns and Roses had, or the resources for it, so we got started thanks to Kit and Carnivale (with an "I"). Carnie stuck with us for the first couple of missions, including the first mission where even the minions were purple. It was like slogging through quicksand, but it was "CRAAAZY XP" and few, if any, deaths. We knocked it down a level, and we all leveled, so it got much easier after that. Until the last mission.

I do have to say, it looked cool as hell. Visually. Looking around and considering tactics and goals, it looked pretty sucky. And it was. Worse than it looked, even. We died, a lot. As a group and separately. And four people against an (unexpected) AV is a dicey proposition, to say the least. But, we did it. There were some complaints about the suckiness of the mission during it, but I saved mine for after. I won't do that SF again...

With that character. Eighty percent was destroying guns. And more guns. And yet more guns. Luna hates robots and inanimate objects. With good reason. Her powers don't work on them, or at least don't work well. Yes, you can confuse a Skyraider force field generator. You cannot, however, confuse an incendiary missile launcher. Trust me. I tried. I tried having the Sky Raiders fight their own guns, but they tended to head toward other Sky Raiders instead of the guns, when I could even find Sky Raiders in range of the guns. Plus, I just seemed to have bad luck. With Domination, I can hold or confuse just about anything. With the stealth, I can sneak up and confuse minions and lieutenants so they start the fight while I build up to Domination. I was working on that at the second attempt at the AV, hit Domination... and died. Sky Raiders circled around and set me on fire.

Sigh.

But, I did get a rare recipe that I sold for 500k infamy, which was a major plus since Luna was totally broke. I couldn't most of the IOs I wanted, but I subbed in SOs until I can. And I got about 2 1/2 levels out of it. I suppose it was worth it.

Sybil and her thugs got up to level 14. Instead of taking a travel power--which I usually treat as a MUST, except for all the nifty temporary travel powers-- I took one of the force field shields. No, I didn't have any yet. Normally, Sybil duos with E's elec/elec brute, REDS. He hasn't needed any extra shields, so I was concentrating on damage powers. The thugs died every three seconds from all the toxic damage they were taking, so I hope the shields will help with things like that when Sybil's solo, or with a different team make-up.

I noticed, too, somehow, the "anti" Mason doesn't seem so evil anymore. At least compared to the "real" Mason? Or was it just because it was a short session? Hard to tell.

I know E wants to put a couple of levels on Will before the Rikti invasion hits, and I don't think we have much time before that happens. Plus, after a day with Luna and the Strike Force from hell, I think I'm ready for a change. Fyre's still not into what I'd call the more interesting powers, so I'd like to get her there, too.

No comments: