Thursday, July 26, 2007

Delayed Invasion

I know, I know. I10 came out Tuesday (yes, as I predicted.) and today is Thursday, and I've barely seen it. I've read absoulutely nothing about it. And I've barely talked to anyone else to see what they've had to say. What's wrong with me?!?

Well, nothing. Brief "personal" interlude: My mom was sent to the emergency room Tuesday. She was diagnosed with congestive heart and lung failure. She was operated on early Wednesday morning and given a pacemaker. She did come home today, and she's doing very well. I've spent most of the intervening time at or en route to the hospital. Yes, and I was in-game a bit, later at night, but I was feeling less than social. I expect things both at home and in-game to return to "normal" shortly, or at least close to normal.

And I'm also going to log into the game as soon as I post this and run around the RWZ. Whee!

While I have been logged into the game, E and I have been playing Fyre and Will, who are at this point, unaware of the renewed Rikti invasion, due to their players keeping them in the dark and completely ignoring the huge drop ships, falling bombs, and wicked cool green sky. ("Looks like it's going to storm," Fyre says to Will. Yes, she's brilliant.) Living in a part of the country where severe thunderstorms are relatively common and tornadoes are not unheard of, I've seen the sky look like that, in real life, once or twice. That actually makes the impact of the Invasion sky more, not less. It makes the "what if" a lot easier to imagine, and the ability to see it in the game just heightens the "wow factor."

Like I said, I haven't seen much. So that explains why the sky is the most remarkable part of I10 for me. So far.

1 comment:

JD said...

HI, here's hoping your folks are doing all right after such news and surgery. Best wishes to you and yours,

StarWyng