Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Angst

Let's start with Team 3.0

I love this team so far. They lay waste to everything around them, for starters, and I expect that to only get better as time goes on and they get more powers and more slotting. The character's personalities are only beginning to emerge, so it's a little difficult to guess how that's going to go.

Luna and Ryu began a very small conflict. Let me say, I hate snakes. Most people have at least one horrible, totally unreasonable phobia, and mine is snakes. I hate the word, even. I can't watch them on TV without getting freaked, I don't like looking at them in cages. God forbid I come across one in the wild. I hate snakes. The ones in the game, I can deal with. Now. For short periods of time. The sound effects freak me out after awhile, and sometimes I have to turn the sound off. I hate snakes. Luna's not me, of course, but it's okay if they freak her out a little. Lots of normal people don't like snakes. She has a power called Levitate which lifts the target off it's feet (scales? Whatever), and throws them back down to the ground. The snakes look kind of weird when this happens, which lead to a comment about the unnaturalness of flying snakes. Ryu's a dragon, though the other character don't know it. "Flying snakes" was too close to the dragon concept for Ryu, so he protested, and the theme kept up for the rest of the night. I thought it was kind of funny. Ryu was probably offended, and Luna was confused and now thinks that Ryu has some freaky reptile fetish that may name the Bomb look sane. And, by the way, totally missed the Bomb the other night. (And we saved the temp power mayhem mission for him!)

Poor Scarlette. She was probably so glad when she got in touch with Fyre and Fyre told her to take a couple of days off. When Nathan and E had their discussion, Nathan kept edging closer and closer to E. I told E's player, "Mase takes another step, and Scarlette's going to have to get between them, isn't she?" Before I even finished the sentence, Mason was about two feet away from E, when he'd started about thirty feet away. Scarlette jumped between them and told Mason she thought it would be a good idea if he backed up. She was seconds from drawing her sword, and I imagine she had her hand on the hilt, but Mason immediately took a few steps back. She'd already seen them go at each other once (even if it was actually E who did the "going"), and she'd promised to protect E before she knew the whole story of their recent interaction. Now that she does, she understands more the need for protection.

I had to take her to Brickstown for new enhancements not long after, and it was the perfect opportunity for her to make an emergency call. If Nathan getting loose wasn't one of the "emergencies" that Fyre had laid out for Scarlette, I don't know what would have been. Shortly after, Scarlette took her leave after vaguely explaining to E. Unfortunately, I had to come up with some kind of lame excuse why Scarlette would have to leave in order for Fyre to join. Believable? Not really, but I didn't have any choice. Stupid game limitations.

I'm sure Fyre was as happy to see E as he was her, but she feels guilty for having to leave, so she tried not to make it such a big deal that she was back. E's illness has suddenly and inexplicably become stabilized. (Hmm, can't imagine why.) Fyre considers that good news because he's not getting worse for the first time in months. She imagines the next step will be for him to begin getting better. I won't go into the Malta plot line or the Titan story, because it's already been covered better elsewhere. Fyre, however, is better able to fight them than before she left. She's involved with much scarier things than Malta soldiers, unfortunately. It bumps the Malta fear-factor down a few notches. She's still not comfortable at all, but she's able to face them much easier.

Yes, Serra's gone. She's been gone for a couple of weeks. Since the night of "Bargains," as a matter of fact. (Still waffling on deleting the level 43 Warshade that I really have no use for, except the fact it's a level 43 toon) For awhile, Serra was simply inactive, and that was when E asked her, so she never lied. But she never enlightened anyone when the situation changed, either.

And yeah, that's the "Evil Fyre" costume that I played around with a few times awhile back. I used it because I could, not because she's "Evil Fyre." She's more... "Morally Ambiguous Fyre" currently. She is more dangerous now than she used to be, for various reasons, and the costume does help illustrate that. A plot point? Nope. Ambiance, maybe.

She'll be hanging around Paragon for a couple of days, or until a little after the time Kronos AV mission. Unless things change, the way they tend to do around here. Then, she'll be heading back to the Rogue Isles (unless things change, etc.), because it's too much fun not to play Captain Piett and Dom-Fyre aka Fyre-Hex (and yes, the player has realized that she should have picked a different ID, but it's too late now.)

1 comment:

The Vagabond said...

Ryu was not sure how offended to be by the "flying snakes" and "reptile fetish" comments, although he was (perhaps visibly) adding it to his tidy little pile labeled "What I Know About My Teammates".

Ryu's player? Just about falling out of my chair laughing. I can't wait to see how Luna reacts when Ryu "reveals". :D