Friday, June 22, 2007

Team 3.0 and Poor Scarlette!

I haven't posted much the past few days because I don't really have much to talk about.

Is there Angst? You betcha. But it's not "my" angst. And by that, I do mean not my character's angst. Fyre has taken off to places unknown (to the team) and Scarlette's angst-less, and slightly frightened by the others' angst.

Why in the world is she staying with that team, anyway? Well, I've got a theory on that, but I'm not talking yet. Scarlette and Fyre and I have to talk it over first. It'll make Fyre look bad again, and she's getting enough bad PR lately. It makes so much sense, though, I think I'll have trouble not using it.

Ah, Team 3.0. Our villains. I mean, you know, for-real villains, not just heroes misbehaving. Anyway. Lunatrix. I actually came up with the name first. From where? No idea. I was thinking it would fit a dark/dark corruptor, or even a dm/da brute. But I've played a dark/dark defender for 2 years, and I don't know how long a brute would entertain me-- I've never gotten one past 12. I'd thought about a fire/fire dom for villain-Fyre so I was in the "dom" mindset (No jokes, please). I'd tried the mind/psy before and never gotten far with it. Not because of disinterest, just because I'd never gotten back to it. I have entirely too many alts and not nearly enough time. I've been trying to use that "Psych" pattern on something forever and the trenchcoats still amuse me, and I thought it'd be fun to try to use a color other than black for a change. So, I had name, powersets, costume.

And there I was on an RP team with a character with no backstory or personality.

After hitting buttons for awhile, remembering some of the powers, and listening to the others, inspiration struck.

Luna is a former con-artist named Elise Lancaster who's con was that she was a psychic healer and clarivoyant called Luna Lightbringer. She was good at it and "Luna Lightbringer" started to make a name for herself. Being famous as a con can be dangerous, and bad luck caught up to her. After a near-death experience (possibly a client didn't like being fooled? I'm not sure yet), she woke up with real psychic powers. One of those powers was the ability to hear thoughts from other people, and it nearly drove her insane. She hid away from people until she was able to control her powers. On rejoining society, she quickly found out that she was wanted for fraud in several states. She came to the Rogue Isles in order to avoid a jail sentence, and to rebuild her bank account. She hates to be touched, as physical contact makes a psychic connection all but impossible to avoid. The severity of the connection would, or will, vary, depending on the type of contact and the thoughts and emotions of the other person.

I love Kain X's costume. I like the subtle neon green detail, and the pieces he's put together. Suicidial Bombadier is... entertaining. Every other thing he's said makes me laugh. Me, not Luna. Luna's slightly frightened. She was a con-artist, not a violent criminal. She's probably going to be a little over her head with a lot of things in the Rogue Isles. Ryu is interesting. Mysterious. Mason said in the blog that Ryu was a dragon, and I'd forgotten that E did say that, but I'd come up with a similar theory on my own. Not the same, though, so I was wrong. And I'm usually so observant. I give myself an "F."

Fyre will be back for the Kronos Titan (Note to self: check Wiki for exactly when the AV shows up), but right now, she's in the Rogue Isles with Captain William Piett (on Virtue). Those two are going to be fun. Fyre's a fire/fire dom, and the captain is a something/something mm. He's got a machine gun and soldiers. They were in the snake hatchery mission and Fyre's being grossed out. "Omelet?," the captain asks after exploding an egg. "Just... don't talk," Fyre says. "Yes'm," he replies and goes silent. Fyre's finally got someone who listens to her? Great! Or possibly really bad.

Oh, and E finally got the chance to use his "Miss Fyre" joke. Glad I could help out with that.

It looks like I'll be logging into a red screen a lot.

2 comments:

The Vagabond said...

Ever since we started talking about playing Fyre villainside with a MM for "her people", I started thinking about what Fyre's "people" would call her. It was natural for them to call her "Miss Alexandra" or something similarly respectful, but I knew she'd more than likely be undercover and ask them to call her by her codename.

And it tickled me to think of them calling her "Miss Fyre". :D

The Vagabond said...

Oh, I almost forgot:

According to Red Tomax, the Monster version of the Kronos shows up at mission #9 in the arc ("Stop all Wildflower agents"), and the timed mission is the last one in the arc (#16: "Stop Kronos Titan & entire crew").

We're on mission #3 ("Defeat lead kidnapper & his crew").