Tuesday, June 5, 2007

More Music

Before I get started on the drama, I think I’ll back up a few steps. I had brief random thoughts awhile back, that included some music randomness. And it caught on. My original thoughts, though, were so brief and random that I’m doing it again, more comprehensively this time, though.

Originally, I had a play list for both CoV and CoH. Then, each game had its own. Now, both of those play lists have grown and morphed, and have overlap. I won’t post the entire lists, both because they’re long and they don’t entirely stick to the subject. I’ll hit some of the highlights of both, though.

CoV:
Rob Zombie, “Living Dead Girl,” “Girl on Fire,” “Super Beast.”
Yeah, I kinda like White Zombie and Rob Zombie. And a lot of fits CoV, both musically and lyrically.
Billy Idol, “Body Snatcher”
Off of one of his later albums, possibly the last. Again, perfect for CoV, especially when I was playing my Necromancer MM, who was, of course, deleted.
Snake River Conspiracy, “Homicide,” “How Soon Is Now?”
System of a Down, “Toxicity”
Marilyn Mason, “Long Hard Road Out of Hell”
The Donnas, “It Takes One to Know One”
Nonpoint, “In the Air Tonight”
A re-make of a Genesis (Or was it just Phil Collins?) song that I’ve always liked. The newer remake speeds it up some and adds more of that “dangerous” feeling.
Filter, “Hey Man Nice Shot”
Limp Bizkit, “Click, Click, Boom”
Gotta be on pretty much every CoV play list. As well as:
Drowning Pool, “Bodies”
I think I’ve seen CoH/V movies on YouTube with both of those songs.
Godsmack, “Voodoo”
Joydrop, “Beautiful”
Nine Inch Nails, “What You Are”

CoH:
Full Blown Rose, “In the Light”
Nope, even I never heard of this group. It’s off the Elektra movie soundtrack.
Lacuna Coil, “Swamped
Gwen Stefani, “Danger Zone” “What Are You Waiting For?”
Not particularly “heroic,” not that a lot of these choices are. The first, I just love the lyrics and the upbeat music. The second is a song that helped get me out of bed at 5am for all day long, intense training classes.
Bonnie McKee, “I Don’t Need Anybody”
Kelly Osbourne, “Save Me”
Audioslave, “Show Me How To Live”
Beastie Boys, “Fight For Your Right”
Nickelback, “Hero”
Well, duh.
Garbage, “Go Baby Go”
Garbage comes up an awful lot on both play lists. And pretty much every other play list I’ve ever made. One of my favorite groups.
Janet Jackson, “Black Cat”
Bon Jovi, “Have a Nice Day,” “It’s My Life”
Boomkat, “The Wreckoning”
The Offspring, “Defy You”
Evanescense, “Everybody’s Fool”
Poe, “Control”
Poe also sings “Angry Johnny,” that one of Sybil’s thug henchmen is named after.
Prodigy and Sneaker Pimps, “Fire Starter”
Same song, two totally different versions
Miranda Lambert, “Kerosene”
Yeah, I listen to country, so what? But, not a lot of it made it on these play lists.

Maybe I should have added a disclaimer here in the beginning. These play lists are made for game play. Some of the lyrics or song titles may apply to characters, and I may even think of some of as theme songs for characters, but they have little to nothing to do with RP. If music is on during RP, chances are really good that I’m not even going to notice, much less pay attention to it.

2 comments:

The Vagabond said...

Ever since I saw it in a CoH YouTube video, I've liked that "Click, Click, Boom". Yet somehow, I don't have a copy of that song. Or Nickelback's "Hero", for that matter.

Warwriter Widow said...

"Click, click boom" came out when I was in the middle of writing my Nazi Germany novel. Yes, I put it on a loop for DAYS. I do that - one song on a loop, then throw it into my "games" playlist. Once I figure out how to export it...