Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fifty

Yep, Fyre-Hex hit 50 Sunday, along with Will and Havoc. Red-side Fyre is a fire/fire/Soul Mastery Dominator, if anyone's keeping track. She's also my first villain to hit 50, even though I started playing CoV during one of the later waves of beta. My first villain, Angel Noir, hit the then-level cap of 40 about a month after the game went live. Almost 2 years ago. I just don't like red-side as much. I don't like stalkers. A lot. Brutes are fine. Until a team wants you to tank. Masterminds are... okay, I guess. Corruptors might be okay, other than my fire/thermal. I've already covered my issues there. And teams just seem worse villain side. More clueless/irritating/illiterate/sparse. The graphics villain side are more intense for my not-high-end system, and even then, it's so dreary villain-side, who cares anyway? Between all of that, I just prefer hero side.

And yet, I will be making a VEAT shortly after they go live. Probably in beta, once closed beta ends.

I do like the story arcs villain-side. There seem to be more unique maps. The arcs themselves seem to be more interesting, and better written. Maybe because they're still new to me? Well, partly. But, they just seem more entertaining.

We leveled doing the Television's arc. The Television is a level 45-50 unlockable contact. You need the Mistress/Master of the Airwaves exploration badge to get access to the Television. The arc is crazy. We were doing it by overlooking the real reason for most of the missions, as none of our characters are likely to become slaves to the Television, but the arc was too entertaining to pass up.

Other than that, Vagz and I have been working on our Dual Blade/Willpower scrappers mostly. Thanks to blaster-Fyre's more bankable work, I was able to buy a 40 million influence (plus salvage and crafting costs, which was approximately 2.5 million influence more) Numina's +Regen/+Recovery IO for Jez, which just makes me love Willpower all the more. Dual Blades does seem less accurate than some other sets. But, it's possible that its like Dark Melee. Dark Melee frustrates me to no end. *Whiff*whiff*whiff*. It seems like its' nothing but misses. I have, however, been told and read repeatedly that it's just the perception. You don't actually miss any more than any other power set with standard accuracy. Supposedly. I'm not sure I believe it, though. No matter how many times I'm told otherwise.

RP-wise, Jez and BC (Blood Crucible, who's still known to me as $target, and to Jez as "B") are still pretty interesting. BC has a secret, which is driving me crazy because I can't begin to guess. Well... I have begun. The problem is, I haven't stopped. I have a theory list a mile long, and not much to prove or disprove any of them. Jez... well, she knows that something's up. But she's used to being on a need-to-know basis with things and people, so it's not bothering her nearly as much. She also, of course, has issues of her own. Of course. I have a bit of problem keeping her balanced. As a former/current "super-spy" (not the " marks, to imply the hint of irony and speculation), she would be more than capable of imparting only what she wanted. If she didn't want to appear hurt, tired, confused, angry, happy, sad, whatever, she wouldn't. If she didn't want to slip into vernacular American phrases, she wouldn't. But, that's boring. And very much not conducive to duo-RPing with another player. So, she slips. Not because the character herself would, but because I make her to move things along. Not as much over the past two weeks or so, since she's begun to put distance between herself and her "partner," true, but she's starting to (slowly) wear down again.

In other news... 4 free slots for me when i12 comes out. Yay! I'll probably buy the 5-pack, too, just to have breathing room. Who knows, maybe the extra slots will lure me over to red-side more often.

No comments: