Friday, April 4, 2008

Fyre's Enhancements, Etc, as of April 3, 2008

April Fool's jokes aside, I really did respec Fyre. And, by the way, the respec from April Fool's happened on Test Server 01. Not even the real Test Server. There's no way I would even attempt to do something like that on Live. I was nervous even doing it on the Test Server, to be honest. I meant to run at least one radio mission with that build, though, but I'm sure it will be painful, even for fun on a copy that will be erased, and I haven't done it yet.

This is what the real respec looks like. I picked up Flares since they're actually useful with the new animation and with Defiance 2.0 letting you use them while mezzed. I'm in the process of filling in an Apocalypse set, but so far I've only been able to afford/find two pieces. Each piece goes for between 20-40million, plus several pieces of rare salvage for as much as six million each, plus the crafting fee.

I also picked up Aim. Why didn't I have it before? ... um.... I dunno. Too many other things I wanted, I guess. I kept Bonfire only because I couldn't find anything else I wanted instead. I could have picked up Hasten, I guess, but with the set bonus recharges, I just don't feel like I really need it. Hasten on my /regen gets her Dull Pain, etc., up faster, and I love it on my doms to get Domination back faster, and on my DB to keep up with the combos, but on a blaster... meh. I'm sure there are lots of other opinions out there, however.

You can see most of the Secondary Powers have less slots, and practically no set pieces or even IOs. That's because I play Fyre mostly as a ranged blaster, not a blapper. I plan to fill those in with partial set bonuses, but they're just not as important for me. I can use the slots and the influence better elsewhere at the moment.

For numbers, you can look here, as I've already posted them. But you can add 16% to Regeneration from the Apocalypse set. One more piece will add 3% to Health. Fyre has 1522.51 Hit Points at the moment, and the Blaster Hit Point Cap is 1606.4, so I'm getting close.




No comments: