Sunday, August 5, 2007

Deep Thoughts, Jack Handey Style

I thought I post with words might be a good idea. Instead of, you know, pictures. But my thoughts are way too scattered for anything coherent, like everyone's recent psycho-therapy posts. You know, "How does it make you feel?" They were good posts. But, Fyre's thoughts are complicated right now, and more scattered than mine, I'm sure, so I'm just not ready to go there right now. Maybe sometime this week. And I still am going to get to that little story about Fyre at E's bedside. Just, not today. So, let's go with some random stuff instead.

When your hero's been defeated? Dead, or unconscious, they can't talk! Dammit. This is probably one of my biggest pet peeves. None of my RP'ed characters talk when they're lying on the ground, waiting for a rez or before trip to the hospital. There was once, when Fyre and Mason were fighting, Fyre used Rise of the Phoenix to scare Mason, because I knew the player wouldn't catch it if I didn't draw attention to it. OOC? Go for it. But, you can't talk when you're unconscious. Dammit.

City Game Tracker is down, and has been for a week. The site operator is looking for someone to take over. Two weeks after I finally decide to look into and get it up and running. Perfect timing. City Information Terminal also seems to be down for some reason. A week after I finally decide to look into and get it up and running. Sigh.

Fyre's new theme song? Live and Let Die, the Guns and Roses version. Still on the list and moving up in relevance, Girl on Fire by Rob Zombie, Renholder's Apocalypse Mix.

Blaze has no personality. None. She was leveled entirely in a non-rp environment. I semi-rp'ed her once for a TF comprised mostly of someone else's RP SG. She was quiet. It worked. I RP'ed her once with E, who wanted to find out about his ghosts and thought Blaze's netherworld connection would be a good place to start. She was still quiet-ish, more serious than Fyre but not as indifferent as Cass, and a little creepy. I might be able to do something with it, but it just doesn't quite feel right. Love her powers. Her look is sort of "eh." I did that better with Fyre.

Devastation is a freakin' expensive set. Twice.

Positron's Blast is a freakin' expensive set. Twice.

Ghost Widow's Embrace is a freakin' expensive set. Twice. Okay, once villain side at a much lower level.

Why am I picking all the expensive ones? Because if I wanted to run numbers, I'd go take a college calculus class.

I spent all day with Fyre at the Rikti Crash-- er, Rikti War Zone. And I still haven't hit the debt cap. But, I did see a guy running around in Vanguard man-panties. Scarred for life, for sure.

No, I didn't get pictures. Be thankful.

Stay out of the Virtue section of the CoH/V forums. It reinforces all the "elitist RP snob" stereotypes. Not only reinforces, but invents new ones. I'm glad our group isn't like that. It was enough to make me not want to team with other RP'ers, though, in case they're the "elitist RP snob" type. And no, I sure wasn't the one who made the phrase up.

On the other hand, to keep things fair and balanced-- just like FOX news-- I don't want to team with the "elitist snob power-gamers," either. And, yeah, I think I just made that phrase up. Or at least shoved it all together.

No, I didn't know that "Invisible" from the power pool set wouldn't let you attack while you were invisible. Yeah, I know. NEWB! Whatever. And no, I didn't necessarily read the power description before I took it. I'll deal with it, because I don't feel like respecing again. At least until the irritation factor of the power is greater than the irritation factor of doing another respec.

I finally changed the resolution on my graphics in the game. I jumped them up and the game looks even better than it did when I raised the settings when I got more RAM back in November. New computer? New graphics card? Nope. I just finally got brave enough to try the new setting and over come the fear of breaking something.

If you die on a War Zone raid before the shield comes back up, you won't get 'ported to Fort Debt Cap... er, Point Du Hac like everyone else. You'll just lay in a vast waste-land of space-ship nothingness underneath the shield.

1 comment:

Warwriter Widow said...

Talking while dead: Guilty. Though trying not to with Bomber, because he likes the post-rez feeling.

Freakin' expensive sets: Uh huh, know the feeling. However I've been lucky that Positron's Blast has dropped for me a couple of times on some different toons. I ended up going with cheaper sets, though I'm going to rework the sniper attack at around 30, and hope for a GW drop.

Invisible: I did the same thing you did on Doc Metal, and had to respec her because I was so mad. I didn't read the specs either. I think Phase Shift allows you to, but why bother? Just keep the stealth and I think add super speed.

Resolution: When I'm being schizophrenic (playing two characters at the same time) I have to go to minimum on both, and even then I know I'm pushing it. Everybody's pointy from a distance, their hair has holes, and I can see through everyone's skirts. When I made Bomber "blind", I turned the resolution to Performance and the Gamma up to 200% so that I could actually bump into things, or have to walk up to something in order to see it. Don't be afraid of pushing the limits because the worst that can happen is you reboot. Oh, and die because your computer froze.