Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Evil Temptation of Fire Imps

We ran half of Team Nevermastermind last night. I want my fire imps, dammit. Which is actually kind of ironic, because I hold a deep hatred for fire imps, from back when a single caster could command a herd of the damn things. Think about it like this: Imagine one of the CoT Oranbega maps with a full team of eight, and a herd of the crazy little rabid wanna-be Rikti monkeys jumping all over. The team is trying to cross one of the catwalks, or climb one of the spiral ramps. You should be seeing fire imps pushing heroes to their doom of waiting spectral demons. This might also be part of my dislike of CoT, come to think of it. Though, I've found myself in an inordinate number of CoT missions lately, because, as has been stated, I want their stuff.

Fyre and Will had a pretty uneventful night last night. They talked about some of the things that were brought up the night before, including the origins of Fyre's powers.
She, of course, doesn't mention her deal with the demon, and doesn't even try to explain Katherine to him. It doesn't seem necessary to her, at this point, and he doesn't press the issue at all. She does warn him, though:
It shouldn't come up... but... if you're ever... concerned.... and you think maybe it might be a good idea to, you know, run away from me... just run.
He doesn't question or act surprised by the warning, so she lets it go.

We both got to 30 and did the aura mission and the costume mission. I picked up "Combustion" as my level 30 power. Dominators are a strange AT. They're as fragile as any other AT, but they have quite a bit of melee powers. It's almost like the "blapper" AT. The mercenaries take most things down quick enough that I haven't found myself in melee very often, but if I keep picking up melee powers, some blapping is bound to happen. I've been putting off "hotfoot," or whatever the exact name is, for endurance reasons. When I pick that up, it'll be a good time to rethink some of my tactics. Now, cinders+combustion seem to work pretty well. Cinders is an PbAoe hold, and then the combustion does some decent DoT damage. Cinders is slow to recharge, though, and its a situational thing, too. I am becoming happier with Fyre's usefulness, though.

Oh, and Will met the Carnies. He wasn't impressed. Point for Will.

1 comment:

The Vagabond said...

Will was a cop and then a merc. He's been around. Women in tight colorful revealing costumes aren't all that impressive. And as soon as someone starts trying to hurt him or his men, the only thing that's important is how to fight them.

Now if he had met Carnies socially, the reaction might've been different, but they started attacking right out of the gate, soo... :)