Thursday, July 31, 2008

Zombie Apocalypse

When I logged on to the forums earlier today, I saw a posted notice about the Halloween event, Zombie Apocalypse!, testing on the Test Server. So, having nothing much better to do in the afternoon, I updated my Test Server copy, copied the newest version of Fyre Hex over, and went. Trick or Treat lasted an hour an a half, and I made three zombie invasions.

Trick or Treat with the new rules is more chaotic than ever. I spent most of my time on Peregrine Island chasing other people's roaming spawns.

The zombie invasions work just like Rikti invasions, only without the ships and the bombs.


Steel Canyon during a Zombie Apocalypse!


Atlas Park during a Zombie Apocalypse!

The new costume piece for the event, the Pumpkin Head costume.

All the other Trick or Treat costumes are the same as last year, including my favorite.

Notice the many, many zombie bodies on the ground. Possible cause of super-extra lag.


Yes, that's the real Castle floating over the zombies.




The big thing is a Nightmare-- no, really, that's what it's called. A Zombie Apocalypse! Elite Boss.


In case you want another view.

1 comment:

The Vagabond said...

Holy crap, that's awesome! And we have to wait, what? Two months before this hits the live servers? WANT! NAO!