Monday, May 5, 2008

Fifty Again

At what point does hitting 50 get boring? How many 50s do you have to have before it's just not a remarkable thing? Does it ever happen?

Lorelei Laughlin (Illusion/Radiation Controller) hit 50 on Thursday, May 1. I made her to play with the sets, and to play a controller I didn't hate. No RP in mind at all, so character-wise, there's not a whole lot to say about her. It took over a year and a half to get her to 50, because I just wasn't that interested. I think she was the original Derick Darklight's(Vagz's Warshade) duo partner, maybe? The name came from a Las Vegas guidebook that sat on my desk for awhile. That's about the only interesting thing about her.

So, like I said to several people, now I never have to play a controller again!

Oh, wait...

Ellianne Sylvanie hit level 27 before she met the chopping block a few months ago. She was an archery/energy blaster. A few weeks ago, I brought her back to check out the changes to archery that came with I11. They weren't bad. But one of the reasons I brought her back was to partner with Derick Darklight, whose last duo partner Hex Raven (dark/dark scrapper) got deleted in a fit of hating the dark scrapper power sets. (Do we see a pattern here? Poor Derick and his partners. Note, Idaho was also a common teammate.) But a blaster and a Warshade don't duo well. But a controller and a Warshade might. So, Elli's a grav/kin controller this time around. Let's see how long that lasts. She's level 12 at the moment, and my goal is to get her as close to Derick's 18 as I can. Today. Only today. Why?

Open Beta for I12 starts tomorrow. As of now, I'm patched and copied. (And I just saw that the original Elli still exists on Test.) I'm hoping that they're going to *surprise* add more costume parts, but I just don't see that happening. Other than that, I'm interested in the new zone, psi-blasters, and maybe a fire/fire scrapper.

Maybe a fire/fire scrapper. But, I don't see anything dulling my fondness of dual blades/willpower. Especially Willpower. I spent a lot of time on an Invulnerable scrapper (Cassandra Noir, MA/Invul, level 47). If I would have played Willpower first, I would have never, ever looked at Invulnerability. Of course, that's neglecting the fact that Cass was created pre-ED. Jez is definitely my favorite at the moment, powers-wise and character-wise. We just finished a Malta arc last night, and possibly for the first time ever, Malta didn't suck. There may have been a couple of small rough patches, but nothing major. Malta, as a subject, falls firmly into Jez's area of expertise. Surely a relief for her, after the Carnie's and BC's... entire existence. Not to say that Jez and BC are having problems. They're getting along quite well. With the Malta, though, Jez may have been a bit more serious that she was becoming previously. Malta, and that type of work, is something she's familiar with, and easily recognizable as "work," so CIA-Jez came out more than adventurous-Jez. But she still didn't close herself off as much as she might have. That's some sort of progress.

1 comment:

The Vagabond said...

Derick does seem to have bad luck with partners/teammates. I like his background I've got for him, but it's hard to get into his RP when he has to introduce himself to new people every time I play him. :)