Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Way Things Were

When I bought the game, I bought the Prima guide at the same time. I was unfamiliar with "real" MMORPGs (The Sims Online so doesn't count), and I figured I'd probably need the extra help. The copyright on the book is 2004. It was published a couple of months before I bought the game. The Fifth Column is even in the book, and they were gone before I started playing. The level cap was still 40. The numbers in the book are completely worthless now, but I still pick it up occasionally for some odd reason... say, to get a vague idea of a power I'm not too familiar with. I picked it up tonight because I can never remember what level what power becomes available, and I wanted to know if I could get Inertial Reduction at level 26. So I didn't find that, but I found this on the Fire Blast primary:

"You are able to dish out damage, granted. In the long run, however, it is
not massive damage. You will have access to very few direct damage powers, which
means you will have a tough time soloing groups at the higher levels.... Since
you are not able to heal yourself, it can get time-consuming to stay in solo
combat. If you want to go head to head with villains and be able to take out
large groups with reasonable ease, then Fire Blast is not for you.
Nine times out of ten, you will not deal the most damage in large
groups."


lulz

1 comment:

The Vagabond said...

Funny, but I've never really found that to be true. And BigVagz has been around since before that guide. :)

Granted, he didn't really become BigVagz 'til later... :)